The non-profit association „Christophorus – Haus e.V.“ owns, runs and maintains the Student Residence. It is financed by rental income, member fees and private donations. The private institution operates independently from the Hamburg Studierendenwerk.
Today’s members of the managing committee have mostly been inhabitants of the residence themselves. They are involved voluntarily in the maintenance of the residence, the management and building restauration. Hamburg citizens donated funds for the construction of this first post-war student residence in 1952. The managing committee acts as it sees fit to fulfill the purposes of the residence charter. During the past decades, extensive efforts have been made to refurbish the building that is listed as a historic monument.
The Management Board
Dr. Klaus Peter Koltermann (lived 1963 to 1966 in the Christophorus Haus)
Dr. Regine Schmolling (lived 1973 to 1977 in the Christophorus Haus)
Member of the management board:
Dr. Til Bräutigam
Thomas Wolf (lived 1990 to 1995 in the Christophorus Haus)
An alumni network is under construction. Former residents interested to get in touch with us please contact the Secretary via email.
Membership at Christophorus-Haus e.V.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Christophorus-Haus e.V., please feel free, to fill out the following form:
Application for Membership for the Christophorus-Haus e.V. (Word Document)
Application of Membership for the Christophorus-Haus e.V. (PDF Document)